Monday, February 15, 2010

#50 The Lives Of Others - why do Germans have to be made out to be so bad?

2006. dir. Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, starring Ulrich Mühe, Sebastian Koch, Martina Gedeck, Ulrich Tukur. German with subtitles.

Seen it before? No.

It's a good thing that films other than American ones made it onto the top 250 because I would have missed the opportunity to see this film Das Leben der Anderen from 2006. It's based in 1984 and is just very well done and a must see...Here's what is in store if you choose to watch it -espionage, double crossing, wire-taps, sex, and just smart writing. It makes me feel good about being an artist and having a voice, and more importantly, using the voice to bring about change. More people today should be so bold as to use their voice to change things for the better! This movie had me thinking, in a crisis of conscience which side would I choose? Want to know more? Take my advice and WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!

Would I see it again? Did the Berlin Wall fall in 1989?
Would I own it? Sure, if I can find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment