Seen it before? Yes.
Marge Simpson: Did anyone see the new Woodsy Allen movie?Woody Allen plays Alvy Singer, the most neurotic movie character ever. He constantly whines about everything. Seriously, this guy, you just want to punch him in the face. The movie consists of him, at length and from many perspectives, analyzing his failed relationship with the titular Annie Hall (Diane Keaton). The movie uses a lot of creative storytelling devices:
Ned Flanders: You know, I like his films except for that nervous fellow that's always in 'em.The Simpsons, A Milhouse Divided
- Alvy steps into the past to explore his formative experiences. The funniest of these scenes is when he goes back to elementary school.
- Alvy and Annie have a conversation, with subtitles revealing the subtext of what they're saying.
- Split screens, where the two halves are ironic counterparts to each other.
- Alvy is irritated with a loudmouth talkinga bout Marshall MacLuhan, so he shuts him up by having Marshall MacLuhan refute him.
- Annie is bored during sex, and her spirit gets up and walks away while her body remains.
- Alvy strikes up conversations with total strangers, who are all weirdly honest with him.
Position on the list: 132
Hey! It's that guy!: A lot of them... Paul Simon, Sigourney Weaver, Jeff Goldblum, Truman Capote, among others.