Sunday, February 21, 2010

#54 The Big Lebowski - I have some homework still to do

1998. dir. Joel Coen, starring Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Julianne Moore, Steve Buscemi, David Huddleston, Peter Stormare.

Seen it before? Yes, well, kind of

I shall be coming back to this one because I have to re-watch it still...

It is now March 14, 2010 and on Friday the 12th I finally made it through the entire movie...As I told Sam, I remembered the beginning 30 minutes. I remembered the last 10 minutes and had a very vague recollection of the middle - I remembered John Goodman going ape on the red sports car...Maude for instance and the crazy nihilists wielding comically large scissors to cut of his "johnson" - those parts I totally forgot...

Tara Reid is creepy...but so is the girlfriend who lets her toe get chopped off in hopes of getting $1 million...Julianne Moore is just so freaking crazy sexy...I'm glad she's good with her body being naked so often in these films...and what a body it is...yes, yes, "The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." well it should be EVERYONE'S opinion because Moore is HOT!!!

I haven't seen Jeff Bridges movies because he rubs me the wrong way...not like Christopher Walken or anything, but because I think he played the title role in this movie SO well that I can't imagine he'd be different in real life or in his other films...Whoops...

John Goodman is BRILLIANT! I love that everything is tied to Vietnam (even if it isn't) and that he is a dutiful ex-husband to an ex-wife who is clearly taking advantage of him and whose religion he totally kept so that he could get away with not doing things on the Jewish sabbath...

Would I see it again? Yes, but catch me when I'm not exhausted so I will stay awake through all of it in one sitting
Own it? We already do
Favorite line? There are too many...it truly is a VERY quotable movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment