Seen it before? No.
Victor Sjöström plays Professor Isak Borg, who is a 75 years old. He is alone with his maid, and it seems like nobody likes him. He is traveling to receive an honorary degree, and he brings his daughter-in-law with him. Along the way:
- He stops by his boyhood summer home, and confronts old memories of his cousin (?) whom I guess he was in love with (!?)
- Picks up some teenage hitchhikers: A girl, and her two boyfriends. heh.
- Almost gets into an accident with a bickering couple, whom the daughter-in-law kicks out of the car.
- They have lunch... drink some wine...
- Borg visits his mother, who is 95. Full of piss and vinegar. She has a box of his old things.
- Borg falls asleep and has weird dreams about loneliness and failure.
Position on the list: 152
Seriously? Cousins? Sara ends up marrying one of Isak's brothers. Did they really mean "cousin", or did they just screw up the translation?