Sunday, April 25, 2010

#100 Star Trek - I'd be offended if it wasn't true...

2009. dir. J.J. Abrams, starring Christopher Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, John Cho, Bruce Greenwood, Simon Pegg, Eric Bana.

Seen it before? Yes.

Oh Chris Pine, I love you so...whoops, sorry Sam. One could argue that the rest of the Star Trek series would be for naught but that would not take into account the point of this movie - to start a new set of stories...for a new generation of would-be Trekkies. Spock Prime, as Sam put him, still exists in this universe. He knows how the alternate reality unfolded. No big deal.

First I have to talk about the casting...have you seen these guys?:

The casting was spot on. At first I was like, Chris Pine as James T. Kirk? Sha, as if...but then I watched the movie and you know what? He wasn't half bad!

I thought the story in and of itself was interesting...in a world where time travel is possible why wouldn't it make sense that the old Spock stir things up (unintentionally) by coming back to the past and changing the history of the world he came from? I like the little twists of whom was a love interest for who and how Spock and Kirks' relationship was so rocky at the beginning...of this movie anyway. The special effects were amazing too!

I could write about a million things but I really think you should watch this movie if you haven't already! As a person who watched the original movies and series I must say that I wasn't disappointed...on a side note - Sam called me a "Trekkie" as we got ready to watch this movie...at first I was shocked and asked him why he considers me a "Trekkie" he answered by asking me how many Star Trek movies I had seen in the theater...I was thinking about it, because I do remember having seen at least two or three on the big screen. And he said, "If you've seen more than one, you are a "Trekkie"!" REALLY!?!?!?!

See it again? AND AGAIN AND AGAIN
Own it? Already do!!! =)
FYI - yes, that is Winona Ryder and oddly enough that IS Eric Bana...who knew?

1 comment:

  1. I proudly wear my TREKKIE badge. lil bit o irony for ya; I'm watching next generation as we speak! Anyway... I loved this movie, I continue my love of emotionally unavailable men and am totally crushing on the new spock. I am excited to see if more movies are to come!! Loves it!

    ReplyDelete