Sunday, March 28, 2010

#81 Sleuth - How many scenarios can you think of?

1972. dir. Joesph L. Mankiewicz, starring Lawrence Olivier, Michael Caine.

Seen it before? No.

A mystery author discovers his wife is having an affair with a hairdresser and devises a plot to get even...and that's pretty much all I can say about the film without ruining it for the rest of you who want to watch. Don't read about the film (I didn't). Just head on over to your local library where I'm sure they'll have a copy...I mean, come on, Wheaton barely has a lot of things you can find at other libraries but it had this movie!

I thought it was good if not creepy. Lots of costumes and characters without pulses - a life-size doll that could roll it's eyes and laugh and a ballerina; just to name a few.

This movie reminded me of a DDA or an HDA (for all you non-speechies out there that means Dramatic Duet Acting and Humorous Duet Acting) that just went way over time.

See it again? Now that we know where to get it sure
Own it? No need.

No comments:

Post a Comment