Friday, April 16, 2010

#88 The Matrix - no, I don't want to know

1999. dir. The Wachowski Brothers, starring Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Joe Pantoliano, Hugo Weaving.

Seen it before? Yes.
Understand it a little better? Yes
Any questions? WHY!?!??!

I know this goes against everyone thinking this is the coolest movie EVER but I really, really didn't care for this movie. Don't get me wrong, the action sequences were pretty freaking great, but the story made me want to beat my head into a wall and scream WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why does "Neo" think it's a good idea to leave his world behind?
Why does the Oracle not answer outright?
Why does the whole crew take Neo to see the Oracle?
Why does the minor character guy overcome his potentially fatal wound to save Trinity and Neo?
Why would machines have to use humans to sustain life? Sam's right, can't they use animals?

I have to say that I still have to sit through this whole movie...it's painfully boring to me. Yes, you can say I just don't get it. Frankly I don't care. There are other movies on the list that have caught and held my attention.

See it again? Do I have to?
Own it? ditto
Why is my 'review' so short? Have you READ Sam's?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment