Sunday, May 16, 2010

#104 In Bruges - NEVER kill a kid!!!

2008. dir. Martin McDonagh, starring Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeson, Clémence Poésy, Ralph Fiennes.

Seen it before? Yes.

I'll be the first one to admit it...I don't get Colin Farrell's appeal to women...Personally I think he's gross or the equivalent of a walking drunk...but in this movie, I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised at his acting ability...I was sympathetic to his character and didn't even mind his whiny moments. His scenes with Clémence Poésy were sweet because he was so self deprecating.

Brendan Gleeson (who you'll remember as being creepy Mad Eye Moody) was charming as Ray's partner who is trying to stay positive despite knowing what lies ahead. I loved how he was ordered to play tourist and therefore he was enjoying seeing the old buildings and the views from the top of the tower. I also loved that he kept tabs on Ray like a brother. He got him into this mess and he'd keep him from getting into further trouble - if possible.

Ralph Fiennes can be so freaking creepy!!! But I totally understood his character's ethic of NOT killing children. What kind of father would he be if he was okay with killing children...not to say that I didn't approve of his line of "work" of hiring hitmen but a job is a job I suppose. His is technically "crime boss."

See it again? I liked it so much I saw it twice...I would definitely see it again and encourage you to watch it too!
Own it? YES! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment