Friday, May 21, 2010

#107 The Lord of the Rings - visually stunning...

2001. dir. Peter Jackson, starring Elijah Wood, Ian McKellan, Sean Astin, Viggo Mortensen, John Rhys-Davies, Orlando Bloom, Cate Blanchett.

Seen it before? Yes.

But I'll take Harry Potter any day...though Vigo Mortensen and Orlando Bloom are rather dishy.

We watched it on Blu-ray and I still can't tell the difference. If you have 178 minutes to spare and want to be taken away from your regular life and sucked into a fantastic world where creatures speak a different language and good and evil are not cut and dry, then watch this movie. I loved the relationships between the characters. The myth of the object (the ring for those who are still absolutely clueless) was interesting too since Hobbitts didn't get nearly as affected as others...why is that by the way? Gollem was (as was intended I'm sure) creepy to the core. I already don't like hearing how precious something is but then to have Gollem say it, well, it sends a shiver down my spine!

See it again? There are so many other movies I would rather see Vigo Mortensen in...
Own it? Yes, we do

For the record - I watched all three on big screen and I haven't read the books because Sam told me I'd hate them...considering I'm not 100% feeling the LotR love, I can totally understand why he told me that...

PS between Jar Jar and Gollem I will gladly take Jar Jar. There, I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment