Sunday, January 17, 2010

#24 Return of the Jedi - she loves him because he's her brother!

1983. dir. Richard Marquand, starring Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Ian McDiarmid, Anthony Daniels, James Earl Jones.

See it before? Yep.

So halfway through this movie Sam puts the display up and says something along the lines of "so this is when the movie starts going to hell" or something like that but like another fan I'm in the minority. I think the Ewoks are totally adorable! They're the reason I remember this movie...and seriously, what a cool bike chase!

After that my favorite scene was probably Jabba's party.

You kind of have to feel bad for Darth Vadar though don't you? I mean, really, think about it. The guy was Anakin Skywalker and the Force was strong within his veins. Then he gets lured into the Dark Side and beaten by his teacher (Obi-Wan) and is recreated to be a borg. And while people call him "Lord" he's still just following someone else's orders. He's essentially a PUPPET! AND he never got to know his son and daughter; not to mention the love of his life DIED!

Alas everything was resolved and things went back to how they were supposed to be...

Would I watch it again? Yup
Would I watch all three in a row again? Um, I agree with Sam for once, some characters (Chewbacca and C-3PO) just get more annoying all in a row like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment