Thursday, January 21, 2010

Snub List

Nothing tonight, but I just got 3 Blu-rays from Netflix: two much-loved classics from the 1960's that I haven't seen, and one totally baffling movie from the 1990's that I have seen, and will probably write 4000 words about...

Anyway, here's my Snub List: The five movies that I'm most disappointed are not on the list.

5. Robocop. Great action movie, with some interesting social commentary about consumerism and the decline of American cities. Loved the cast, especially Kurtwood Smith and Ronny Cox. I'd buy that for a dollar.

4. This Is Spinal Tap. One of the funniest comedies of the 1980's. The music is fun to play in Rock band.

3. Adaptation. Mind-bending and funny. Takes "meta" storytelling to unexplored new places.

2. Office Space. yeah... ahh, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Saturday... great...

1. Boogie Nights. This movie is so freakin' genius. Sure he ripped off Scorsese and Tarantino but who cares. I'm a star, I'm a star, I'm a star. How is this not on the list?

Honorable mentions: Lost In Translation, Idiocracy, Coming To America, Being John Malkovich, Anchorman, any of the "classic" Disney animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment