Saturday, January 30, 2010

#38 Dial M For Murder - or screw it up and get caught

1954. dir. Alfred Hitchcock, starring Ray Milland, Grace Kelly, Robert Cummings, John Williams.

Seen it before? No.

It's actually rather brilliant. Get some random person to kill your spouse and if that fails frame your spouse for the murder...but don't do it if she has a mystery writer for a boyfriend...cause by golly he'll figure it out!

Everything sounded perfect at the beginning but the whole time I was rooting for Tony Wendice to get what was coming to him. Grace Kelly shouldn't have had to go through that...and Kudos to Hitchcock for writing a story where we didn't have to watch the entire court proceeding...that definitely added the drama. Of course, you'll have to see for yourself. The movie was pretty perfect.

As for killing Sam, or having him killed...of course I wouldn't do that! I would never get the insurance money and I wouldn't want to end up in jail...oh yeah, and I love him...there's always that.

Would I see it again? Yeah, sure
Would I own it? I wonder if they still make the 3D version...
Hitchcock cameo about 13 minutes in it's kind of lame cause he's in a photograph.
If I were Margot I would have left that obnoxious ex athlete for the hottie writer!

No comments:

Post a Comment