Sunday, January 10, 2010

#16 Back to the Future: Great Scott!

1985. dir. Robert Zemeckis, starring Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Thomas F. Wilson, Lea Thompson, Crispin Glover.

Seen it before? About four thousand times or more

Where do I begin? I mean, Sam pretty much summed it up for me too. So maybe I'll go in a different direction...While I like Eric Stoltz I am really glad that things didn't pan out with him as Marty McFly. Michael J. Fox is just so perfect for this role. Zemeckis and Gale even mentioned that he was the person they had in mind when they wrote the script.

Though several decades have passed since the 80s and even more since the 50s, I find it is still fun to think about whether or not you would get along with your parents if you were to travel back to when they were your age (as a teenager that is). I'm fairly sure that as a twenty something I would have absolutely gotten along with my parents, since I actually was around to witness the end of their twenties as a young kid. There's even a website where you can add pictures of your parents from when they were younger (and cooler).

Would I watch it again? Hello? Hello? Anybody home? Huh? Think, McFly. Think! of COURSE I'm going to watch it again...and again, and again, and again!
Would I add it to my collection? It's been there for a long time (along with the sequels).

No comments:

Post a Comment