Friday, January 15, 2010

#19 Groundhog Day - I tried to keep count but gave up...

1993. dir. Harold Ramis, starring Bill Murray, Andie McDowell, Chris Elliot, Stephen Tobolowsky, Brian Doyle-Murray.

Seen it before? Yes.

Since it became obvious that there were many days that were unaccounted for.

This movie gets played so often on TBS and other cable stations and like #1 on the top 250 I get sucked in every single time! I think the reason is that I like who he changes into. I loved that he took piano lessons and tried to save the old man. It was hilarious when he robbed the armored truck and helped change the tire of the car carrying three old ladies. It was awesome that he saved the kid from falling out of the tree after excusing himself from Rita to go on some "errands" and then said,
Phil Connors: Hold it, fella!
What do you say?
You little brat.
You have never thanked me!
He goes from being a complete jerk to being a well rounded guy who does everything in his power to change to get the girl- Play piano, learn French, memorize her likes and dislikes. I love Andie MacDowell. She's strikingly beautiful. I can't stand Chris Elliott. There are a LOT of "Hey it's that guy"'s in the film too.
With Sam's summary there really isn't too much more to say. This movie is a "modern" classic as far as I'm concerned!

Will I see it again? YES!
Will I add it to my collection? The day they stop replaying it on TBS or similar I will get myself a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment