Saturday, January 16, 2010

#22 Star Wars - the original and NOT Episode 1!

1977. dir. George Lucas, starring Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness, Anthony Daniels, James Earl Jones.

Seen it before? Is there anyone my age on the planet who HASN'T seen this movie?

I'm sure the kids who saw Episodes I, II, and III before watching these films would be terribly confused about the lack of recognition between Darth Vadar and Luke and Leia. Not the point of the film though kids!

I really find Mark Hammill to be annoying...I don't think he can really act and he isn't terribly easy on the eyes.

I love Harrison Ford and the way he says "sweetheart"...

David Prowse - can you imagine Darth Vadar British? I don't think it would come across nearly as menacing as James Earl Jones! He is quoted as saying, "I took the part of the villain because everyone remembers the villain" in regards to choosing to play the physical Vadar over Chewie.

Few things to remember:
1) this film was made in the 70s...the special effects won't be the same as the ones we see in films now
2) Jar Jar Binks is STILL the most annoying character in the six movies...I don't care if Sam thinks Chewbacca is.
3) this movie is AWESOME! good plot, interesting characters who lead you to care about them, amazing technology considering the year it was made...and don't you just love Harrison Ford? I do!

Would I see it again? Yes
Would I add it to my collection? It's already there...can't wait for the Blu-ray release! Whenever that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment